14 February 2009

Fings Ain´t Wot They Used To Be.

Friday the 13th has come and gone and I´m still standing!! Hooray!
Not, of course, that I´m the least bit superstitious.
But I will say that I have this odd tendency to look behind me when I say that.
I reach for the salt and hurl some over my left shoulder and cross my fingers and the like.
After all, you never know, do you?
And it´s always best to cover all eventualities, isn´t it?
That´s what I say.

And now the best part of Saint Valentine´s Day has gone, too.
I got a huge card,a dozen long-stemmed red roses and a bottle of perfume.

And if you believed that, you´ll believe anything!
Well, I got a card, at least.

Oh, how things were once in days of yore!
Then there was passion!
No wearing of winter vests or hugging of hot water bottles in bed!

Besotted Lover.

You´re the one I want to marry
Come on, darling! Please don´t tarry.
For you a torch I´ll always carry!

You´re my sweetheart, you´re my petal
One look from you heats up my kettle
In your arms for life I´ll settle.

You´ll always be my hometown hero
I´d burn down Rome if you were Nero
You´re 12 on a scale of 10 to zero.

For me, you are the missing link!
I know you´ll dress me all in mink.
So let´s make love then champagne drink!

Those were the days.

1 comment:

  1. And another Friday 13th has passed since then too!
    Nik

    ReplyDelete