6 February 2009

Blog - itis.

In the Writers´group yesterday, I was advised to set up a blog of my own. I have spent several frustrating but entertaining hours doing just that. It´s really been hit and miss - some things have worked, others just haven´t. A Garfield gadget I wanted to add had ERROR written all over it, a Shakespeare quotation gadget was BROKEN (!!), and however I tried to customise my local live weather, it just wouldn´t change from New York.

So I went out for a bit to clear away my irritation. The summer market at Campoamor has moved to the paseo behind the Playa Flamenca Strip and has only been going for a couple of weeks.The traders were still setting up when I arrived at 10 o´clock. They would have been trading for much longer if it had been summertime but it is, after all, early February, and the weather today, although sunny, is much chillier than it was yesterday .

There were lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, including huge strawberries and cherries but at a price so I stuck to the usual mandarins and pears and will wait till later in the season. To my delight, I found a stall with an English lady selling sweet and savoury pies and bought steak and kidney, steak and ale, chicken and mushroom, and even apple crumble and rhubarb. Eating one of her delicious sausage rolls, I ambled off to the car and back once more to the blog.

I realised, reading my post from yesterday, that I had spelt blog the Swedish way with a double g and also that the date of the blog is in Swedish.
All this is down to:

a) My years in Sweden and the language leaking through into English

and

b) The fact that my computer software is Swedish and I can´t always change the language settings.

I´ve had enough for today wrestling with Google so I´m going of to have a soothing coffee. I´ll have to get a bit of help from the cavalry to sort out my bloggy gliches so I´ll close now with the following:

Eulogy to the Costa Blanca.

Costa Blanca sun so bright,
How I love you, day and night!
Sitting at a seaside bar
With some friends I have a jar.

In the daytime toast both sides
Watch the flags for dangerous tides.
Eat paella, sip some wine,
Snooze until it´s time to dine.
How glad I am that I live here!
Churros, olives, ice cold beer!

My life down here is one big high
I don´t feel blue, I rarely sigh.
The only thing I wish I´d done
Is retired sooner to the sun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris

    Nice to see you on blogger!!

    I look forward to more posts from you asap.

    Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what comment is in Swedish! Well done. Don't forget to insert the blog address (as above) in your signature section of emails... See you Wednesday.
    - Nik
    (now then, is skicka kommentar submit comment? I'll go for it!)

    ReplyDelete