5 February 2009

Another Lovely Costa Day

Woke up to my favourite weekday - Wednesday. It´s the day I go to the Torrevieja Writers´Group, of which I´ve been a member for several years.
There were quite a few of us today and it can be a problem to get round all the members and hear what they´ve written. We spent the first hour doing that - today there were more poems than usual. Most people write short stories or are in the throes of a novel and some write articles of different kinds.
I started writing first when I moved to Spain in 2002 and mostly wrote short stories to start off. I then was hit by the poetry bug and write short, sometimes comic, poems. My poems rhyme and I say that with no shame at all.I sometimes have the impression that rhyming poetry is regarded as not quite the thing - as if you´ve really shown an appalling lack of good taste. Ho Hum!
Anyway I read out a couple of short prose pieces and then one of my poems, which I´ll post in a tick. We also had a speaker today, Penny Legg, who has written all kinds of articles in magazines all over the world. I felt quite exhausted listening to her achievments and wished I had a bit of her energy.
It´s actually due to her that I´ve started a blogg. She advised me to start one of my own after reading some stuff I´d posted on the Torrevieja Writers´circle´s own blogg.
Well, this is the poem I wrote for today:

Housewife´s Revolt.

I really don´t feel
Like a 3-course meal
Meat to roast and veggies to peel.

To be quite honest, I´d like a snack
Simple and easy -- no steak to whack.
A soft-boiled egg and a piece of toast
Is what I really fancy most.

So I´ll send the kids to the Pizza Hut
Where they can have an unsupervised gut.
I´ll stay at home and won´t have to cook
Enjoying my egg and reading a book.

After the group finished I came home and joined my husband for a drive out to a bar overlooking the sea where we had a glass of wine and some tapas.
Another Costa day draws to a close.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! Thank you for mentioning me in your first Blog. It is appreciated.

    The Blog site looks great! I can see that you have had one or two teething problems but it is up and running now and already you are showcasing your work. Excellent.

    The more content you add the more you give Google and other search engines to find, so keep adding content and then Google yourself. If you can find yourself, then so can others.

    I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Please keep in touch.

    Best wishes

    Penny Legg
    www.pennylegg.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the blog. I still have problems as my software is in Swedish and this apparently puts off non-Swedish speakers who aren´t IT savvy enough to guess how to make a comment. Plus I still haven´t worked out myself how to do some of the stuff for the development of a blog. Rob says:"Experiment!" But this can have unfortunate results at times when you´re not too clued-up on computer English!
    One of my friends, viewing the blog, mailed me urgently to hear if I was very depressed as she thought the colours were so gloomy. What do you think?
    Chris

    ReplyDelete