5 March 2009

Granada - Olé!!


Have just come back from a trip to Granada - wonderful city! Full of life and bustle, lots going on, wonderful cafés and bars and of course all the monuments, not least the Alhambra.It looked magical illuminated by night and the day we visited it, the weather was warm and itwas very beautiful.

The downside was,of course,that the lions weren´t in the Lion Courtyard. This was a bit of a bummer, as it was one of the main things I was looking forward to. They were off being cleaned up, so I had to buy a postcard. It´s a bit like going to Paris and the Eiffel Tower is draped in tarpaulin whilst being painted!

Ho Hum! I suppose it gives me a good excuse for going back there again.A lone lion had been tarted up and sat in isolated splendour in a viewing room waiting for his mates and a return to his normal habitat. He was lovely but it wasn´t the same as having them sat around the fountain.

I consoled myself with tapas and wine at the flamenco show that evening. Olé!

No comments:

Post a Comment