11 September 2009

Loving Håkan Nesser & Stieg Larsson.

Back in Spain about a week now. Feels very warm and sticky after Scandinavia. Sweden was 13 degrees when I left and Alicante was 27 degrees on arrival!

Gradually getting back into the swing. Went to theTorrevieja Writers´Circle where I read out a review I´d written of one of Håkan Nesser´s books and tomorrow I´ll be at the U3A book group, where we´ll be discussing Stieg Larsson´s first Millenium book,"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".
I´m into Swedish at the moment and have decided to keep it going as much as possible by reading. Fortunately, there´s a good Swedish library in Torrevieja at The Mas Amigos Association, of which I am a member. So far, the people in the book group, who had never read any Swedish authors before, have been very pleased with the ones they´ve tried. Just wish I could see the second and third films they´ve made of the Stieg Larsson trilogy (I saw the first in Sweden in the summer) but they aren´t coming out till late September and November.

Anyway, Spanish courses start again in October so I´ll have my work cut out with that, let alone Swedish!

No peace for the wicked!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment